Friday, August 11, 2017

I'm 40.


Lunch with Lilica, an order of soba (buck-wheat noodles) for her and a set of soba and a tempura-topped rice bowl for me.

Yesterday was my birthday. August 10th is the 222nd of the year. Antonio Banderas shares my birthday with me. I am 40 years old.

Lilica and I spent the afternoon playing air hockey, shopping around the trendy Naka Shou area of Kurashiki and enjoying board games at home. It's still very hot and humid in Japan these days, last week having seen the strong Typhoon number 5 dissipate over Hokkaido after partially passing over us. Yet, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

Katsumi prepared a grand feast for us for dinner, including some nice pieces of steak and garlic chips for me, roast beef for the two of them and an immaculately dark chocolate cake with brownie mix and rich, 70% cocoa powder. Quiet at home, yet sublimely fulfilling, this marker of 40 years of life was so very nice.


The cool design is an original one I designed for my birthday and for anyone born in 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Osaka was fun.

The Shinkansen home.