Thursday, March 23, 2017

Last Week's Graduation ceremony at Asahigaoka Elementary

Photos from Asahigaoka Elementary school's ceremony











This was (probably) my last chance to see a graduation ceremony for Elementary school students in Kurashiki. I've learned that I will make a routine transfer to new schools next academic year, but this time that schedule won't include any elementary school visits.

Above are some photos I took at Asahigaoka Elementary school during their ceremony. I especially liked taking a photo with the new mascot, Asamori-chan. This year was the school's 40th anniversary and the mascot design was chosen from among student's ideas.

The day was bright and sunny, everyone was so cheerful. I loved it especially when the choir of angelic voices, the graduating class and the remaining 5th graders, did a call-and-response set of duet songs. This ceremony made me tear up a bit with its purity and innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In loving tribute to my favorite band Chicano Batman

  A humble tribute to Chicano Batman's "Live Today."